Limiting browsers to sites -Reply -Reply

Dennis Brantley dennis at dati.com
Wed Dec 31 11:41:58 EST 1997

Toens Bueker wrote:

> In respect to thin clients: if Microsoft didn't buy Citrix
> a thin client with a win95/nt4 gui would already be
> available. Wait for Hydra from Microsoft and pIcasso from
> Citrix, which will give you the thin client you desire.

A setup we are experimenting with uses a risc-based NC with a locally
running browser (Netscape or Explorer).  From the browser, individual
Windows applications can be launched on a WinFrame server from web
links.  The fact that WinFrame is 3.51 based, not 4.0, is transparent.
A big benefit is that browsing can take place without using a WinFrame
session.

--
Dennis Brantley
Data Access Technologies, Inc.