Telnet and Netscape 4.04

Mary Schiavi mschiavi at ocln.org
Fri Dec 26 13:01:58 EST 1997

I recently downloaded the standalone version of Netscape 4.04 to test out
for use by our libraries. I chose all of the same helper applications I
routinely use in 3 Gold and for some reason I haven't been able to
telnet. The telnet application (CRT, by the way) is launched but 4.04
doesn't seem to communicate the URL to it - the connect dialog pops up
and I have to enter the address manually, something our library patrons
might not be up to. I never had this problem with Netscape 3 Gold.

Anybody else have this problem? What am I missing?

Mary Schiavi
Systems Librarian
Old Colony Library Network
Canton, MA