nul proxy and cheap filters

Glen Davies GLEN at rimu.cce.ac.nz
Thu Aug 28 16:42:43 EDT 1997

Hi

I have it set up with 15  domains in the "no proxy for" box on
Netscape Navigator Gold  3.01 and it seems to  works fine with or without a
space after the comma, I also put a hard return after each domain as
it is easier to manage a  column of domains rather than one long string.
You can also enter in just a part of the domain, ie. I have .nz which
allows all New Zealand sites, or you could put .edu to allow all
educational sites. Perhaps your problem lies elsewhere? I take it
that you can get to the problem domains if you select No Proxies
instead of Manual Proxy Configuration? Send me a list of the domains
that you are using if you like and I will try them here.

Regards
Glen

> I am trying to configure a proxy set-up and run into a problem entering
> domains in the no proxy for box.  It seems no matter how i key them,
> some of the no proxy for domains will not hit.  Is there a limit tothe
> number of domaines that can be entered there?  is the syntax
> xxx.xxx.edu,xxx.xxx.org,xxx.xxx.net  or should there be a space between
> the domains?
>
> Ultimately I hope to use this to set up a nul proxy server and allow
> access to only a limited number of URLs from a few specialized access
> library "card-catalog" stations the library.  This idea originated with
> Glen Davis on the Web4lib listserv (thanks Glen) and I need some
> refinements.

Glen Davies
Information Technology Librarian
Christchurch College of Education