Criteria what makes a good Website?

Bill Trefzger billt at nist.gov
Thu Aug 28 16:08:02 EDT 1997

Libby,
If effective means usable then, here are two sites which discuss this:

http://www.acm.org/sigchi/webhci/chi97testing/particip.htm

http://www-nlpir.nist.gov/~downey/

I think the answer is that the standards are evolving...

Bill

At 10:54 AM 8/28/97 -0700, Libby Whitcomb wrote:
>Hi
> I am looking for articles/ Websites that contain criteria
> about what makes a Web site effective? Either from a
> developers standpoint or the person who views the web site.
>I need documentation that I can show others about what factors
>make a Web site effective.  Are there standards similar to how a
> librarian evaluates a book source?
> I would appreciate any help on this question. Thank you,
>I receive Web4Lib in digest format so I would appreciate direct
>e-mail responses.
>Thank you,
>
>Libby Whitcomb
>Corporate Services-Information Technology Team
>libby at ti.com
>972-997-5277

              Bill Trefzger
NIST Electronic Information  phone:(301)975-2146
     & Publications Program  fax:(301)869-8071
        Bldg 101, Room E106  mailto:billt at nist.gov
     Gaithersburg, MD 20899  http://nvl.nist.gov/