Forms not using cgi?

Stephanie Kraus krauss at crisny.org
Mon Aug 25 14:17:35 EDT 1997

I have recently been playing around with creating a a reference question
form to put on our web page.  Since I don't know anything about perl I
have been struggling with the CGI "stuff".  In the help section of my
HotDog Pro I came across these sentences:

"Forms can also be used to send mail to someone.   This can be useful if
you don't know anything about CGI programming: the form can mail the
information directly to your account. Information sent this way is not
formatted, but can still be understoood"

Has anyone tried this?  Does this mean in the form tag I would use
ACTION="mailto:wkslibry at crisny.org" instead of sending it to a URL
containing a script?

Any experiences using the mailto tag for forms or help you can give
would be greatly appreciated!

Stephanie Kraus <krauss at crisny.org>
Outreach and Internet Services Librarian
Wm. K. Sanford Town Library
Loudonville, New York