Document delivery from the library catalogue

Mark Stover stover at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 18 18:11:55 EDT 1997

To build on Tony Barry's interesting ideas about Web-enabled online library
catalogs, I wanted to share our experience in adding value to the Web-based
catalog.

We developed links from each book's ISBN number in our library catalog to
the Amazon bookstore.  Since we are members of Amazon's Associates program,
each time someone travels through our catalog to Amazon and purchases an
Amazon book, we get a small kickback (up to 15% of the book's price).  It
doesn't happen very often, but it's cool when it does happen.

Check it out at http://www.pgi.edu/libcat.htm

Mark Stover

Mark Stover, Director of Library and Information Services
Phillips Graduate Institute, 5445 Balboa Blvd., Encino, CA 91316
Phone: 818/386-5641 / Fax:  818/386-5699 / email:  mstover at pgi.edu