An Internet Service Provider to host our website -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Mon Aug 18 16:07:27 EDT 1997

Since you're in a major metropolitan area, with a zillion ISPs
and Web Presence Providers (many of whom are NOT ISPs
but just do the web hosting business), I'd probably limit my
search to local ones.

That way you can go yell at them personally if need be (and it
shouldn't).  You can make local calls to them if needed.  You
can sue locally if you're both in the same jurisdiction (again,
not likely, but.....)     No, I don't plan my life around these rare
occurrences, but I'd always go locally if possible, unless
there is a reason NOT to, like BIG price differences.  BTW, I
feel same way about ISPs in general.  Why give tons of
money to some big out of town organization, if I can get the
same thing locally for a similar price.

cheers

dan

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.