size of windows icons

Robert Rasmussen ras at nimbus.anzio.com
Tue Aug 12 16:24:54 EDT 1997

On Tue, 12 Aug 1997, Jay Barton Spencer wrote:

> What I'd like to do is place much larger bitmap icons on the screen, which
> better illustrate what's available. However, I currently cannot find a way
> to stop the icons from reverting to the very small size that icons
> normally are. My question is, does anyone know of a way to make Windows NT
> allow larger icons to appear on the screen?

Some loose thoughts on the subject:

Many libraries are using web pages for this purpose. A browser comes up on
startup, pointing to a web page with a custom graphic with several hotlink
areas.

Furthermore, Internet Explorer 4 (still in beta, I think) couples into Windows
more tightly, and the desktop takes on more aspects of the browser page. Thus
I think you can see Microsoft's direction here -- integrating the two.

Maybe you're just a little ahead of your time :-)

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras at anzio.com
 company e-mail: rsi at anzio.com or sales at anzio.com or support at anzio.com
 ftp://ftp.anzio.com               voice: 503-624-0360
http://www.anzio.com                 fax: 503-624-0760