Public Access

Andrew J. Mutch amutch at tln.lib.mi.us
Wed Aug 6 08:59:57 EDT 1997

For those trying to lock browsers into specific web sites, give Net Nanny
a try.  We have been testing a demo copy and have been very satisfied
with its ability to lock a browser into specified sites.  You can choose a
"GO TO" option that allows the browser to only go to a predefined list of
sites.  This makes it very useful for those with web-based OPACs who don't
want these terminals to be used by would-be net surfers.

Net Nanny is at: http://www.netnanny.com

Note: Last time I was there, you needed to download a fix to their latest
release or it won't function properly with Netscape 3.x.  Don't forget to
do that!

Andrew Mutch
Northville District Library
Northville, MI, USA