Public Access

Angus Waddell gus at asbestos.lib.rmit.edu.au
Wed Aug 6 02:33:14 EDT 1997

Hi all :-

I work in the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology library and am
faced with the following project which I would appreciate some help with:

Currently we have numerous public terminals that allow access to
netscape, aswell as the usuall staff machines, all running under a
Windows 3.1 environment / Netscape 3 environment.
What I plan on having is a staff setup that limits the amount of sites
available to all except 'nudey' sites, and a public setup that can only
access sites within a certain domain (ie rmit.edu.au), or a list of sites
that I can define.
I have tried programs such as ikiosk but have found, whilst it is very
good, doesn't have all these capabilities. Any help on similar setups
would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Angus
Angus Waddell