Active X on the Web and printing

Luc Grondin grondin.luc at uqam.ca
Tue Aug 5 09:54:03 EDT 1997

Hello

Alicia Abramson wrote:
>I've had a problem several times when trying to print from Microsoft's site
>which uses frames and ActiveX. The gist of the problem is that when I try
>to print a page from the knowledge base, my printer (HP LaserJet 4 Plus)
>spews out about 1/2 a page that looks like it is supposed to and then many
>other pages of garbage--sometimes up to twenty or more pages sometimes with
>just one or two characters.
>
>I suspect ActiveX is the problem--any ideas?

I had the same problem.  Looking at their HTML, I noticed that paragraphs
were on single lines.  I downloaded the file (plus the few graphics that
were important) and edited it by breaking those long (ASCII) lines into
shorter ones.  After that rather annoying operation, the page printed
without problem.  There might be a better solution but that one worked for me.

            Luc Grondin
     Bibliothecaire/Librarian
     Bibliotheque des sciences
  Universite du Quebec a Montreal