Two questions

Tim Smith smitht at ouvaxa.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon Aug 4 07:44:12 EDT 1997

Sam A. Khosh-khui wrote:
>        1.  I am looking for a program to find and replace all
>            occurrences of a given URL on all html files on our web
>            server.  We have a Macintosh PowerPC.  Is there such a
>            program available?

HTML Grinder (from Matterform: http://www.matterform.com) can do this and
more. Here's part of the introductory matter from their web page:

"The HTML Grinder version 3.21 for Macintosh is the perfect complement to
your HTML Editor. Use an editor to change a page; use the Grinder to change
your site.

"The Grinder is a collection of 20 powerful tools called "wheels". Just
drag your entire site onto the Grinder, select a wheel and click a button.
You can save hours--even days--of tedious HTML coding with a single click:

    Multi-File Find and Replace
    Build hundreds of links automatically
    Date Stamp your pages
    And lots more...

"One Free Tool · Download a fully-functioning Demo and keep the Find and
Replace Tool absolutely free--forever! If you find that the Grinder makes
your life easier, you can register your copy for $149."

I've used the program a little bit, enough to know that (1) it DOES work
and (2) you need to be really careful with it, because there is no UNDO
command for the Multi-file Find and Replace.

Good luck,

Tim Smith

Tim Smith                     e-mail: TSMITH1 at OHIOU.EDU
Instructional Librarian       phone: (614) 593-2634
Reference Dept.               fax: (614) 593-0138
Alden Library
Ohio University               "Technology has replaced reflection."
Athens, OH  45701                                -- Utah Phillips