Netscape Ghosts

Richard John Violette rviolett at socialaw.com
Thu Aug 21 04:25:26 EDT 1997

Dear Web4Libs,

I am having a strange problem with Netscape on my computer; I hope you
can help me out.

I am running Netscape Gold 3.01, but this problem also occurred using
Netscape Navigator 3.0.  That is, when I go from one web page to
another, parts of the text of the old page are not clearing from the
browser and are being incorporated into the new page; or the new page
loaded will contain garbage characters after the first few lines; or I
get a page with a background and no other text or graphics at all.  On
some occasions, the "ghosts" of past pages in the session will show up
unexpectedly several pages later.  Reloading sometimes, but not always,
clears the problem.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, or have any solutions or
guesses on what the problem may be?

Thanks,

/s/ RJV

--
Richard J. Violette    | 1200 Court House           | "He chose to be
Catalog Librarian I    | Boston MA 02108            | rich, by making