Links to .com sites/policies

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 29 10:08:40 EDT 1997

Posted by request of Ronald Fark <Ronald_Fark at Brown.edu>.
Roy

Links to .com sites/policies:

We are looking for guidance on how to handle links to .com sites within
the University homepage.   The process here at Brown is decentralized
with "information providers" for the the various academic/administrative
depts.
There is some concern that if a unit on campus provides a link to a
particular.com site, it indicates a recommendation/approval by the
University.  Would a general disclaimer that we do not review or endorse
all links be sufficient?  We would appreciate input on how other sites
are handling this or even consider it an issue.    Thanks.

Ron Fark
Head, Reference
Brown University
Ronald_Fark at brown.edu