TIFF-to-Jpeg batch converter?

John Pearce jpearce at u.washington.edu
Sat Apr 26 21:14:50 EDT 1997

>  Are there any batch converters that will take a directory
> >>full of tiff images  and convert them into jpeg or gif images?
[Recommendations for HiJaak Pro (Windows) and PPM Utilities (Unix)
snipped]
> ..and in the Macintosh world, try GraphicConverter.

IIRC, GraphicConverter is shareware and pretty good.  If you plan to
do more complex processing -- resizing, palette adjustment, etc. as
well as conversion -- I recommend DeBabelizer.  It's has countless
utilities for bitmap manipulations I've never even heard of, and it's
designed to work on batches of images.  My graphic artist friends
swear by it for work on Mac, DOS and Windows images (it's a Mac app),
and I know it can handle Unix formats as well.

John Pearce