censorship

scharles libernet at midtown.net
Fri Apr 25 12:41:58 EDT 1997

It seems to me that the whole debate over filtering, selection, non
selection, censorship and so forth could best be solved by providing
libraries with software that allows them to create their own list of
appropriate or inappropriate www sites.  Individual libraries could apply
whatever standards they felt were in line with their mission statement.

It also seems to me that over time the definition of "appropriate-ness"
changes. (And in any event I prefer to define for myself what is appropriate
or not appropriate).

Scott C.