Netscape disabling.. with/without Ikiosk

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Mon Apr 21 11:47:50 EDT 1997

You can selectively disable any drive which would normally appear in a
"Save As..." or "Open" dialog box in Win95 with he TweakUI tool from
Microsoft. In our public stations, we only have the A: drive active. We
let users download whatever, but only to floppies. (CTRL-S in a
Kiosk-mode netscape brings up a Save-As dialog).

To eliminate the 'Explore' option in these dialog boxes (with a right
mouse click) you can rename explorer.exe to some other filename.

To totally get rid of a Start menu and desktop, switch the SYSTEM.INI
file that says SHELL=explorer.exe to SHELL=progman.exe. In Progman
(Program Manager) you can disable the "Tasks" window (which lets you exit
windows and run other programs) by renaming TASKMAN.EXE to something else...

Hope this helps...

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _