Outfilter the filterers

Tony Barry tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au
Mon Apr 21 03:36:10 EDT 1997

At 11:28 AM 11/4/97, Albert Lunde wrote:
>It may not become popular for lack of a business model -- the issue we are
>running into in this discussion is partly who pays for collecting the
>filtering data. I'm not sure there is a way to _pay_ for third party-rating
>services.

We have a model already.  What is a Journal other than a rating service is
you can access the articles individually on the web?  In the mish-mash of
material on the net a rating service which would let you filter the wheat
from the chaff in your field would be worth a subscription.  It would be a
lot easier to do than maintain a web site of pointers to the better
material as you would be far lest concerned with dead links.

Tony

Tony.Barry at anu.edu.au  http://www.anu.edu.au/CNASI/People/TonyB.html
Ningaui Pty. Ltd. (ACN 077 857 071)  +61 6 288 0959
GPO Box 1680, Canberra City, ACT 2601

Visiting Fellow,   Department of Computer Science +61 6 249 5688 (ANU)
Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology
The Australian National University     Canberra  ACT  0200 AUSTRALIA