Pasting Netscape Screen Dumps into Powerpoint

Robert C. Williford c586704 at showme.missouri.edu
Mon Apr 14 22:31:31 EDT 1997

NICK TOMAIUOLO, INSTRUCTION LIBRARIAN, CCSU wrote:

> I have found that it is impossible to do a "PRT SCREEN", paste it
> from the clipboard, and save it to a floppy drive on a high-density
> diskette.
>
> In other words, I can go to an address, do my ALT PRT SCR sequence,
> open PowerPoint, go under EDIT and PASTE the Captured screen --
> and _then_ save my PPT presentation on a floppy
> OR
> Do all Powerpoint Presentations that include typical Netscape Web pages
> need to be saved directly to a hard drive (and then FTP'd etc.)?

Nicholas--

Not sure I followed all that.  If I press "Print Screen" (not ALT/Print
Screen) on my machine, I can paste the contents of the clipboard in a
blank PowerPoint slide or a WordPerfect document.  Of course, you only
get what appeared on screen (not the entire web page).

Just experimenting, I found if I have a blank PowerPoint slide, I can do
the following (which was news to me, too):  From the PowerPoint menu,
select "Insert," then "Object," and then select the option "Netscape
Hypertext Document."  This asks for the URL you want to display, then
appears to put a link to Netscape and that URL in the PowerPoint
presentation.  Obviously you'd have to have your Internet connection hot
when you showed the briefing.

As I say, this is brand new to me, so now you know as much as I do.
Your mileage may vary.  Hope it helps.

Bob Williford
SISLT Student, Univ of Missouri-Columbia
http://www.missouri.edu/~c586704/