Some random thoughts about "push" technologies

Carol Hutchins hutchins at acf4.NYU.EDU
Thu Apr 10 14:07:41 EDT 1997

I agree with Terry Kuny about the applicability of push technology.

Specifically to his point #4, "why don't the sci tech publishers consider
this?"  I imagine some of them are.  Whatever they do, however, they should
think really carefully.  There's a significant segment of the faculty and
researchers I work with who say "don't come at me with your Web or any more
information I've got too much already."

Yes, I'd like to know what ISI would be mulling over in the "hot article
service" vein.