Web4Lib Troubleshooting Guide

Roy Tennant rtennant at library.berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 11 17:51:49 EDT 1997

Gentle Subscribers,
As I do on a fairly regular basis, I am once again plowing through the
thousands of bounced mail messages we get back each week from Web4Lib
addresses or servers that have gone bad, either temporarily or
permanently. In so doing I will often remove subscribers without benefit
of counsel or jury trial. Sometimes I err. That is, some problems are
temporary, but when one is looking down the short end of a network pipe at
hundreds of error messages zinging in from all over the globe, it is easy
to panic.

So this long preamble is leading up to announcing a new aid for you to
try to find out what the heck went wrong and what to do about it. It is
available at:

http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/Web4Lib/troubleshooting.html

and there is now a link from the Web4Lib entry page. Please let me know
how I can improve it to answer additional questions you may have or
better explain the ones that are there. Thanks,
Roy