Distiller/Acrobat problem

David Binkley binkley at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 3 17:14:05 EST 1997

I've hit a problem putting pdf files created with Adobe Distiller 3.0 on
our Solaris machine (running Apache).  The files work fine when opened
from the C: drive, but after I ftp them to the Unix machine Acrobat will
open some of them, but others present only a blank screen.  Adobe
support tells me this likely has to do with the case of the file names
that our web server is passing to Acrobat.  I've tried upper and
lower...can't think of any other cases to use.

Anyone else had a problem serving home brewed pdfs?

Dave
--
Dave Binkley
Librarian/Analyst