Again: Win95 security (and MSIE stuff)

Ulrich Babiak ubabiak at dom.de
Thu Sep 26 22:18:15 EDT 1996

I remember the recent discussion whether this list should be
about ISSUES or HOWTOs ... well, if we really get stuck with
howtos I would like to remember you all of the very well organized
archive of every single posting on the list.

Especially the Win95 issue (oops, howto I should have said ...)
has been discussed in breadth and depth, and most of the questions
raised here lately have been answered already. Probably "bombproofing" would
make a good search word for a keyword search in the archive, as it
will bring up my compilation of Win95 security measures as well as
many additional valuable contributions. Trying the archive FIRST before
posting would really help to unclutter the list.

Finally, let me add a new aspect: just today a company presented the
prototype of a CityInformationTerminal that will be placed in our library.
This Kiosk system is based completely on MS-Iexplorer and the
programmer told me that with a combinaton of Win95 Compiler and several
MS  Developer Kits you can built modular versions of the Explorer
and add/remove any functionality you want. I think there is an SDK
especially for Explorer, too. Well, now all we need is a
hapless student with C++ and MS programming experience ..... I will
start looking for one ;-)

Regards,
Ulrich
(on his way from NS to MSIE....)

Ulrich Babiak                         StadtBibliothek Koeln
ubabiak at stbib-koeln.de               postbox at stbib-koeln.de
Webmaster / Netzbetreuung              Josef-Haubrich-Hof 1
                                                50676 Koeln