picking a graphics program

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Mon Sep 16 21:56:38 EDT 1996

> I'm wondering what program y'all use for the creation of your web
> page graphics...

Under Win95, I'm a happy user of Micrografx's ABC suite (drawing, painting,
flowcharting).  I see on their web site that they have a 16-bit version
still.  It's $149 retail; if you're a font hound, the set of Bitstream
fonts you get are worth that much by themselves.

I have Adobe Photoshop, too, and have done some photo retouching with it,
but it just feels to me like I'd have to be a full-time graphic artist to
get a grasp of all it can do.

I can't say for sure if it imports or exports WordPerfect .wpg files, but
if not, I'm sure there are converters out there (is there still a 16-bit
HiJaak?).

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu