picking a graphics program

Mark H. Witteman witteman at rci.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 16 17:57:53 EDT 1996

Howdy all --

I've been a lurker on this most friendly and informative list for
about two months now and I'm hoping y'all can help me with a fairly
basic question.

I'm wondering what program y'all use for the creation of your web
page graphics.  I will need something that will allow me to save
image and text files in gif and jpeg formats.  I need to be able to
import images that I have scanned also, probably in gif and jpeg
formats.  And I will almost certainly need to import images that
are in WordPerfect graphics (wpg) format and perhaps some other
formats common to Adobe Photoshop .

I'm working in a Windows 3.1 environment but I might be able to
muster sufficient Mac access if that's what will work best.
Windows 95 and NT are probably right out for the near future.

I have searched the archives of this list also and found some
discussion of this topic but nothing I could take to the bank, if
you will.  Forgive me if I'm bringing up a tired old question.

If you respond to me I will gladly summarize for the list.

--Mark

--
Mark H. Witteman                phone: 908-445-5896