CD-Quickshare

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Sep 16 13:00:14 EDT 1996

There is a review of the Stac product in January 9 PC Magazine which featured
networked CD approaches.  Grudging admission of utility, "Stac Electronics has
applied its compression art to CD-ROM sharing, but the results are not
auspicious. CD-QuickShare ($745)is a speedy, hard disk-based peer-to-peer
solution that needs no dedicated CD-ROM drives or file server and can be set
up on virtually any network without difficulty, despite making you install
software on each client PC. If you already have large amounts of free hard
disk space on your network, the solution could be relatively inexpensive."

review at <http://www.pcmag.com/issues/1501/pcm00115.htm>
main issue page at <http://www.pcmag.com/issues/1501/contents.htm>

Linda Albertson