Replies to ? on magazine back issues sources

CASTELLUZZO JULIE juliec at cooper.edu
Tue Sep 10 13:19:35 EDT 1996

Hello everyone.

Many thanks to those who responded to my question about magazine back
issue distributors on the web.  Below are the responses.  More than one
person recommended the USBE and READMORE sites.  I have forwarded all of
the information to our acquisitions person, who will be checking out the
sites.

Julie Castelluzzo     juliec at cooper.edu
Electronic Services Librarian
The Cooper Union Library
Julie:  Your colleague may be interested in these:

Alfred Jaeger is a back issues dealer, covering all, or at least many,
subject areas. Jaeger's URL is http://www.ajaeger.com/

There is a site that provides links to several exchange services. I'm not
sure if this is what you mean by "distributors," but the site might be
worth a look:  http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/backexch.htm

I'm not sure that USBE's site (USBE being the Universal Serials and Book
Exchange) is included in the above set of links. Just in case, it's URL
is  http://www.usbe.com/

John Conyers, Special Services Librarian
Univ. of Texas at San Antonio
San Antonio, TX 78249-0671
Voice: 210-691-4580   Fax: 210-691-4571
e-mail: jconyers at lonestar.utsa.edu