updated Top 200 page (fwd)

Barbara Stewart stew at library.umass.edu
Thu Oct 31 08:15:32 EST 1996

It's here! Newly revised with approximately 530 URL's, the Top 200
Technical Services Benefits of Home Page Development contains much of
interest. In Acquisitions check out new links to online illustrated
novels, Books Out of Print, the French "Livres Disponibles", the Internet
Chinese Librarian's Club : Volunteer Services in Chinese Materials
Acquisitions, new preservation, conservation, and address and location
finding pages, and much more. Catalogers will enjoy all the new links
related to indexing, categorizing and classifying Web pages. Link to
Beyond Bookmarks: Schemes for Organizing the Web, Canadian Geographical
names, Cataloging Videotapes, CatSkill, Diogenes, a New Concept in
Cataloging, the Etymology of First Names, and much more. Also greatly
expanded Reference, or Web How-To section, Serials Section, and Special
Resources (dictionaries, encyclopedias, lexicons, etc.)

As always, I will be glad to e-mail or snail-mail a copy to whomever
requests it. A paper copy is nice because I have indicated which ones are
the NEW sites. (Special note to Douglas : no accidental copies will be
forwarded to AutoCAT!! ;-)

Enjoy!

Barbara Stewart
stew at library.umass.edu