Question on Web Image Map

Wendy Wu wendywu at med.wayne.edu
Fri Oct 11 20:45:08 EDT 1996

Dear Colleagues,

We are remodelling our home page and use frame and image map. One
problem we encounter is when we click image displayed in a frame, it
does not load the linked document in the full body of the window as we
expected, instead just in the current frame. In another word, the system
does not recognize the target in the area tag. I read the Netscape
documentation for the frame and it seems that I can define the target in
the syntax like <area shape="shape" coords="x,y,..." href="url"
target="_top">. Is this due to the NCSA server we are running? If we run
Netscape server, does this will help us to solve this problem?

Thank you very much in advance for giving us your comments and help.

Wendy G. Wu                     Phone   : (313) 577 0586
Shiffman Medical Library        Fax     : (313) 577-0706
Wayne State University          E-mail  : wwu at shiffman.med.wayne.edu
4325 Brush St.
Detroit, MI 48201