Uploading Database onto the Web

DIANE DOYLE 202-260-0420 DOYLE.DIANE at epamail.epa.gov
Wed Oct 2 11:26:00 EDT 1996

          I am the Librarian for the Environmental Financing Information
          Network (EFIN) at the EPA.  I am looking into putting the EFIN
          database, which contains abstracts of publications, on the World
          Wide Web.  The database currently resides in the EPA's Online
          Library System.

           I have two questions:

          Does anyone have suggestions for uploading an entire database on
          the web?  There are approximately 1200 records and I do have a
          file for each record in Word Perfect.

          What is a relatively inexpensive search engine?  The EFIN
          database can be searched now by 7 fields, including keyword and
          title.  I would like to be able to at least search by keyword.

          Any suggestions would be appreciated.

          Thank you,

          Diane Doyle
          EFIN Librarian