telnet client for windows

Andro Gagne apgagne at Friend.roc.servtech.com
Thu Oct 10 13:21:10 EDT 1996

Elvio:

        At 08:01 AM 10/10/96 -0700, you wrote:

> I am looking for a vt100 terminal emualtion package that runs >under
windows 3.1x  and is socket compliant.

        I don't know whether it will meet all your requirements, but you
might want to try out Novell's LAN WorkPlace for DOS Host Presenter v. 5.0
(1994).  It's the telnet client which Syracuse University has been providing
to its students (under license, I'm sure).  The way I use Host Presenter, it
does bring up what I think you would call an intermediate window, asking for
a host address and configuration profile.  However, I believe there is a way
to set it up to be dedicated to a particular host.

        Good luck!

Best regards,

Andy (Andro P. Gagne, M.D.)
M.L.S. graduate student