Dose w3launch program work?

Wendy Wu wwu at shiffman.med.wayne.edu
Thu Oct 10 09:45:27 EDT 1996

Dear Colleagues,

Have you ever had experience with using w3launch program to launch the
applications at the desktop? We could not make it work as the demo on the
Internet. I created a file with the extension .w3l and uploaded it to the
server, and a file with the extension .lst at the PC. But when I click at
the link at the web page, the browser just displayed the file I created
instead of launching the application. Does server require specific
configuration to do so or have I not done it correctly?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

Wendy G. Wu                     Phone   : (313) 577 0586
Shiffman Medical Library        Fax     : (313) 577-0706
Wayne State University          E-mail  : wwu at shiffman.med.wayne.edu
4325 Brush St.
Detroit, MI 48201