Using WWW as an information source--decision making process

Joseph Yue jyue at hawaii.edu
Tue Oct 8 03:33:39 EDT 1996

I am wondering if anybody has come across any articles/discussions
regarding the decision making process of using the web as a realiable
information source.  This is the topic for my term paper and I have not
been able to locate much literature on it.

What I am interested in finding out are the followings:  How do we decide
when to use the Web instead of printed or other electronic sources?  Is it
simply intuition or is it a process we can teach library patrons.  Can the
web be simply looked at as a ready reference source?  Or can it be
something of a higher potential?  Can it be use as an index of different
types of information such as published articles, multimedia clips, ...
etc.

Joseph Yue
Graduate Student
School of Library & Information Studies and Department of Sociology
University of Hawaii at Manoa