Mac OS 7.5

Beth Dierauer dierauer at libofmich.lib.mi.us
Mon Nov 25 11:00:50 EST 1996

Jennifer,
Your message seemed a little ambiguous; are you looking for documentation
on the system, or are you wondering where to purchase/obtain the system
itself.

If you're looking for documentation, there are many books available that
give an overview on using the Macintosh system. Look for very recent
copyright dates and specific mention of system 7.5.

If you're looking for where to obtain the system, it is not freely
available over the internet; it must be purchased. (Around $100, I think,
although mail order sources may be a bit cheaper.) As you have already
found, the only software available over the internet is the updates to
the system.

I am a bit confused when you say you "have the CD-ROM," but it only has
updates. What CD-ROM would that be? System 7.5 is distributed either on
floppies or on CD, but it's possible you have a CD from some other source
which only includes the updates, among other software.

MacWarehouse, MacZone and MacConnection are all reputable mail-order
sources for Macintosh software. Shipping is overnight (for $3), and
prices are low. I don't have contact info on them right here, but they
all advertise in both the major Macintosh magazines, MacUser and Macworld.

I hope this helps.

Beth Dierauer                          dierauer at libofmich.lib.mi.us
Reference Librarian                    517-373-1384
Library of Michigan, PO Box 30007, 717 W. Allegan, Lansing MI 48909