Computer Support Staff in Public LIbraries

Bruce Heimburger brh at agrl.lib.sc.us
Thu Nov 21 10:04:54 EST 1996

The Automation Department of the Richland County Public Library has a
staff of 5 FTE.  Two staff have primary responsibility for the operation
of our Dynix system, including software troubleshooting and custom
reports.  The other three staff deal primarily with hardware problems,
PC setups, CD ROMs, etc.  One employee in this group is knowledgeable
about networks, Unix, and other technical matters.

Having said all of this, we all still do a little of everything around
here depending on who gets the call!