Disable Netscape's Wallpaper feature

Steve Hooley! hooleyss at gsaix2.cc.GaSoU.EDU
Thu Nov 7 15:02:26 EST 1996

	At our University Library, horrified patrons are often confronted
with wallpaper composed of grotesque and/or peculiar pornographic images.
We use HP deskjet printers, which refuse to print if WIN.INI or
PROGMAN.INI are attribbed as readonly. We are looking into asking
Netscape for permission to decompile and edit netscape.exe to remove that
pesky feature, but I see that may be no more than a fond hope (*sigh*).
	At Zach S. Henderson Library, where our network administrator is
also a Henderson (coincidence? or diabolical plot?) we use a small bmp of
the Clan Henderson Tartan as tiled wallpaper.
	My Rube Goldberg contraption to scrub the nasty pictures off the
wallpaper consists of a hidden directory called COPIES, which has copies
of WIN.INI, PROGMAN.INI, NETSCAPE.INI and other frequently altered files.
The autoexec restores them to their places. We also use kb_off and kb_on
to keep nosey users from entering by ctrl-break as the machine boots.
Nice to know others have this problem....

== ***** Romulan Technical Assistant ********==
======== "It's Only a Job Description" ========
========= Henderson Library Computers =========
======== Georgia Southern University  =========