Query: Web Site Capturing software?

Michael Arnott m.arnott at aberdeen.ac.uk
Tue May 28 09:42:56 EDT 1996

In answer to your query, I've had a similar problem and the best way round
it for me was to use a utility called unmozify. For presentations you visit
the site in advance and get all the pages you wish to show into your cache,
then run unmozify which recreates the pages locally on your hard disc and
maintains all the integrity of the links and any media you brought into your
cache. I've found it to be extremely effective and its free for thirty days!

You can pick it up from http://www.evolve.co.uk/unmozify/ and here's some of
the info from their site

As you surf the Web with Netscape the pages you visit can be stored by
Netscape in its own cache. These files contain the Web pages and pictures
you've been browsing. With UnMozify you'll be able to browse these pages
without being connected to the internet, so you'll save on connect time
charges by having your own personal chunk on the Internet right on your
desktop!

Here are some details on UnMozify. You can Download UnMozify for a free 30
day evaluation! Address your questions to the UnMozify support team.

UnMozify allows you to view your Netscape cache offline. UnMozify will
analyse your cache directory and allow you to choose which HTML documents,
images and other cached files you wish to view offline, and rename them with
appropriate filenames.

I hope this is of some use to you

Cheers

Mike Arnott
Michael Arnott
Centre for CBL in Land Use and Environmental Sciences (CLUES)
MacRobert Building
University of Aberdeen
Aberdeen
AB24 5UA

Tel:         01224-273763           Fax: 01224-273752
email:      m.arnott at aberdeen.ac.uk
WWW     http://www.clues.abdn.ac.uk:8080/