CNN and Libraries

Wilfred Drew drewwe at snymorva.cs.snymor.edu
Tue May 7 14:01:22 EDT 1996

Because of the recent discussion about CNN, I sent the following query
via CNN Interactive's feedback page.  I thought we ought to get their
side of it as I have not actually seen any hard evidence that this
incident actually occurred.  The more I think about it the more ridiculos
it sounds.

==============message to CNN=========================

Topic: CNN and pointers to it from other pages.

There has been a very lengthy discussion on the library
discussion list Web4Lib about an incident that I'm
not even sure happened.  One librarian stated that they
were required by CNN to remove any links to the CNN webpages.
I would like to know what CNN's position is on this issue?
Can I make a link to WWW.CNN.COM on our library pages
without out fear of retribution from CNN?

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") Serials/Reference/Systems Librarian
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902