Internet Explorer and Telnet

Chuck Bearden cbearden at sparc.hpl.lib.tx.us
Thu Jun 20 13:33:36 EDT 1996

I had a similar problem in that I could not get IE 2.0 for Win95 to launch
EWAN.  The telnet client that comes with Win95 is not that good (e.g. it does
not terminate automatically when the connection is lost; it must be resized
by dragging its borders).

What value for URL: Telnet Protocol did IE for Mac have as the default?  If
you could find the Mac app it wanted by default, perhaps it would work with
IE.

Anyone out there gotten telnet apps (other than the one that comes with
Win95) to work with MSIE?

Chuck

--- On Thu, 20 Jun 1996 09:58:55 -0700  Tim Smith

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

Chuck Bearden			email: cbearden at hpl.lib.tx.us
Catalog Department		voice: 713/247-3499
Houston Public Library		fax:   713/247-3158
500 McKinney Ave.
Houston, TX  77002		-=> NOT SPEAKING FOR HPL <=-