Relevancy and Ranking... by Wealth

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Wed Jun 19 17:38:09 EDT 1996

You folks are aware, are you not, that a lot of people have been
artificially upping their relevancy rankings with comments like:

<!-- libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries
libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries
libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries libraries
(repeat until you embarrass even yourself)
-->

I can't exactly fault Open Text for trying to skim a few bucks off such
behavior, especially since the dog-eat-dog nature of the Web Index market
makes it relatively likely that, for example, Excite will start
advertising that they never ever provide artificially weighted results.

Thomas (100% Naturally Weighted) Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu