Fragment Identifiers and Tables

Rob Aken robaken at pop.uky.edu
Tue Jun 4 09:31:33 EDT 1996

I have recently constsructed a faculty/staff directory for our library system:

http://www.uky.edu/Libraries/emaildir.html

and have used fragment identifiers (#) to create an alphabetical link to
different sections of a tabled directory.  In Ver. 2.0 of Netscape or
higher, the links work fine, but users who still have earlier versions, on
both the Windows and Mac platform, cannot get the internal links to work.

Here's an example of one of the targets in the tabled directory:

Does anyone know why this would be the case, and is there a way to write
the links so they work in both the current and older versions?

Thanks,

Rob Aken
WWW Resources Librarian
401A King Library