Agents (was Re: Students use of search engines)

Nick Arnett narnett at Verity.COM
Mon Jun 3 22:30:12 EDT 1996

>(Also I presume within a year or two intelligent agents will be alerting us
>about resources before we even knew we might be interested in the particular
>subject of them.)

I tend to think the same, but I'm curious what might be behind this.  What
information could an agent use to recommend resources that the user hadn't
defined as interesting (which is how agents work today).

I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear others before I toss mine around.
I've just put writing a technical book on hold so that I can dig more
deeply into related subjects.

Nick