Graphic packages for web page design

Shixing Wen shwen at siu.edu
Tue Jul 30 13:53:44 EDT 1996

You will find the answer in the help file, which is quite clear. So just use
the pull-down menu of the LView Pro.

The following is what I copied from there:

GIF89a and Transparent Colors

LView Pro can save an image with transparent color information, using GIF89a
format.

The steps are as follows:

1. Open the image file, or create a new image by pasting other images together

2. Make sure the image is palette based (not a true color image), you may
use Retouch/Color Depth to reduce the number of colors.

3. Execute the dialog Options/Background Color

4. Select the palette entry that will hold the transparent color. You may
use the (black and white) masks to help you decide what the palette entry
is, or use the Dropper button to click on one of the pixels in the image,
and select its corresponding palette entry.

5. Use File/Save As to save the image, select GIF89a as the desired format

Note1: All files saved in GIF89a format will carry transparent color
information. If you want to create a GIF WITHOUT transparent color
information, use the format GIF87a.

Note2: GIF files, either in GIF87a or GIF89a format, may be created with
interlaced rows. Check (uncheck) the menu item Options/Save GIFs Interlaced
to turn ON (OFF) that feature.