Graphic packages for web page design

Geoff S Brown gsbrown at is.dal.ca
Tue Jul 30 15:11:45 EDT 1996

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996, Cedar Falls Public Library Acct #1 wrote:

> (Sorry this is such an old thread.)
> I got a copy of LView Pro but can't seem to figure out exactly how to
> make my gifs transparent with it.  I'm familiar with the little
> freeware Mac utilities for Transparency and Interlacing but this is a
> more complex. I found the save as interlaced function but not the
> transparency.  I'd love to do both to all our gifs but we're in Windows!
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
> --Barb

Barb,

The newest version of LView Pro has instructions on how to produce
transparent GIFs.  Simply choose "Help" from the top menu bar then click
on "Contents".  Next scroll down to the section entitled "Additional
topics" and choose "GIF89a and transparent colors".  This will give you
the instructions.  They are quite easy to understand.

Geoff Brown
Dalhousie University Map Collection
Halifax, N.S., Canada
e-mail: gsbrown at is.dal.ca