First Search Login-- Clarification about security

Barbara Stewart stew at library.umass.edu
Fri Jul 26 08:20:33 EDT 1996

> But then what I *really* like is the system in Back To The
> Future, where you press your hand on the screen to login...
>
> K. Schneider/opinions mine alone

Hmmm - just saw a show last week about the alien landing and coverup at
Roswell, N.M.  They showed a purported film taken of the space craft, and
there was one of those hand press jobs, only for a six fingered hand.
Looked really hokey, but then a systems developer showed a prototype of
the control panel he was working on - bingo! the Back to the Future
model. Wonder if this is one of those "which came first" questions?

Barb Stewart
UMASS, Amherst
stew at library.umass.edu