First Search Login-- Clarification about security -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Thu Jul 25 16:04:06 EDT 1996

Ah, another subject dear to our hearts.  Proxy servers are a neat
idea.  Another solution that works in *some* cases is to have
either/or--as in, they can support IP authentication *or*
id/password.  So you use userids and passwords for folks who
need "other" access (telecommuters, travellers, etc.).  Folks who
telecommute are going to be more net-savvy, anyway, and are
probably going to be happy to have access to these resources
even at the price of login inconvenience, preprep, etc.

But then what I *really* like is the system in Back To The
Future, where you press your hand on the screen to login...

K. Schneider/opinions mine alone