Converting files from Word to HTML

Ernest Perez perez at opac.osl.state.or.us
Wed Jul 24 16:47:14 EDT 1996

Oystein Reiersen wrote:

> I have a large number of Word files (different versions) I need to convert to
> HTML. I am aware that Internet Assistant can do some converting. But because
> of the large number of large files, I need filters that can run in batch,
> hopefully with very little manual work.
>
> Has anybody any ideas?

Check out Adobe File Utilities, by Mastersoft.  It incorporates the older
product Word for Word, which used to translate a galaxy of WP and DTP
files, one to another.  It also adds quite a few more translator/filters,
incl., for example, Postscript, HTML 1-3.00, drawing programs,
spreadsheets, etc.  The CD comes ready for Windows, Mac, DOS, or Unix.

-ernest

Ernest Perez, Ph.D.//Oregon State Library//perez at opac.state.or.us