Organizing Web Information -Reply

KAREN SCHNEIDER SCHNEIDER.KAREN at EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV
Mon Jul 22 15:12:50 EDT 1996

As a quick add-on to Peter G's comments (amidst the agony of annual
magazine purchases), when people talk about the volatility of Internet
info, they aren't using the sites I am.  Yes, some of it slides over now and
then (so did the books we moved at 8:30 this a.m.), but census.gov has
been census.gov for a while... personal pages move, but as Peter points
out, as we prioritize, those are the pages we are least likely to catalog.
And in counting "what's there on the 'net," folks are (to use oldfashioned
library jargon) counting the shelflist, not the bib records.

K. Schneider/opinions mine alone