need input for web site development seminar

Robert H. Terry rhterry at RBSE.Mountain.Net
Fri Jan 5 13:40:15 EST 1996

Hi,

Just like to point you towards another model for a solution.  At
http://rbse.mountain.net/MOREplus/, is the information about the MOREplus
tool.  Using this you store all data in the database and the HTML
pages/forms are all generated in real-time.  It is being used at a
multitude of sites for storage/maintenance/browsing/searching.  The
information type can be of any domain since its data types are not
hard-coded into the initial structure.  Anything from documents to
personnel forms can be created then used by clients.

The biggest advantage is that the interface is user friendly, wherein
administrators/librarians do not need to have expertise in HTML or CGIs.
In addition it takes a small staff (most sites have about 2 people) to
create and maintain large amounts of information indefinitively.

I suggest that anyone whom is creating a Web Site not take the flat-file
HTML code creating method.  As can be attested to by librarians of same,
this becomes a maintenance nightmare and they get forced into employing a
cadre of helpers as things grow/change.  Feel free to contact me after
visiting if theres any more information you might need.

Bob Terry
800-846-1458 ext-18