search engine comparison

Elisabeth Roche ace at Opus1.COM
Tue Feb 20 22:02:02 EST 1996

Might be new at it but doesn't sound confused to me:-))

I am sending you my grant research results from earlier this year, have had
to search all through my hd and floppies to get it together for you.

But it was not so hard before the government decided to change things, i did
better in 1994 than 1995, early 1995 was okay then found difficultly as the
sites that were gopher sites etc were broken down and not replaced.

Shades of newts...:))  [hey i know he talks the talk, I'm just looking at
what seems to have happened.

Did you find what you needed using gopher and ftp and veronica or does it
just seem easier to use an index search (this is now, that was then) and
take what you find?]

This is my research I am trying to do, migration of internet files and
changes in protocols (ftp. http etc) for file transfer and access and how
this has changed between july 1994 and now.

Any ideas for help on this project?
I'll give you credit!:))

Anyone else already doing this and want my research?
I think it is important, but could be wrong.:))

Elisabeth Roche ace at opus1.com
serendipity RULES!